The checklist is used for equipment and assemblies that are delivered, installed, and started up during construction. There is an individual checklist for all equipment and assemblies e.g. control panel.
Our QUICX platform supports people in managing and completing the checklists. An online database connects to the checklists avoiding the need for double entry of equipment types, locations and tag names. Checklists can be paper-based or on your device.
- This checklist form is to be completed as the work is completed.
- Complete sect 1 – model verification on delivery of equipment either to the job site or storage location
- Complet section 2 – preinstallation checks just prior to initial installation by those who are doing the work including other trades.
- Complete section 3 – installation and startup as installation progresses by those who are doing the work
- Complete section 4 – fill in comments for negative responses
- Tick the contractor (Ctr) item boxes as work is completed, sign and date as indicated.
- Attach any relevant information as necessary to the form
1. (Insert equipment or assembly name) MODEL VERIFICATION
|(list items to check, such as manufacturer, model, size, and capacity)|
2. Pre-Installation Checks
The following must be completed upon delivery of equipment to the worksite. Prior to installation, the information must be verified by the CxA.
|Physical checks such as free of damage and cleanliness|
|Component verification prior to installation such as location and type of components|
3. Installation, startup and testing
The following items need to be verified during installation. Fill in blanks with specific information. For any negative responses, complete the comments section at bottom of form.
|Structure checks into groups such as mechanical, electric and BMS.|
Attach sheets to test form as necessary.
|Item #||Reason for negative response||Resolution|
Example of checklist
ASHRAE Guideline 0-2019, The Commissioning Process, presents best practices for applying whole-building commissioning to facilities
The Checklist Manifesto: How to Get Things Right by Atul Gawande