A Revolution for Today’s Healthy Buildings
Effective Ventilation for Adequate Indoor Air Quality by Ebtron (USA)
Get the Basics Right
Whenever the outdoor air ventilation rates are modulated, use of airflow measurement needs to be considered as dampers are not linear flow devices. External variations in wind and stack effect will also result in widely fluctuating outdoor air intake flow rates when airflow is not measured and controlled.
Airflow measurement can also be used to set limits, such as the building component or the maximum capacity of the mechanical equipment.
Direct airflow measurement can also provide better tracking of ventilation rates, room air changes and verification that minimum ventilation is achieved. Since air velocities vary across the traverse of an intake or duct, sensor probe location and node density have a significant impact on measurement accuracy.
Benefits of Ebtron Thermal Dispersion
- Higher accuracy and repeatability: 0.25 to 25 m/s with an installed accuracy from ± 3% to ± 15% depending on model selection and placement of probes
- Avoidance of issues: associated with traditional differential pressure transducers and pitot tubes e.g., longer straight sections of duct, long term stability, and poor accuracy at low velocities
- Connectivity: Modbus, BACnet, 0-10V and 4-20mA options depending on model selection
BMS Applications: outdoor air delivery monitoring and control, flow tracking for building /floor pressurisation control, economiser enthalpy switchover detection, supply air humidity monitoring and control.
- Tech Tip: Outdoor Airflow Measurement and Control courtesy of Viscon Systems
- White Paper – Improve Demand Control Ventilation with Outdoor Airflow Measurement courtesy of Ebtron
- White Paper – Ventilation Control For COVID-19 And Beyond courtesy of Ebtron
Talk to an Expert
If you have been considering airflow measurement, we would be happy to discuss your project requirements and options.
Product imported by Vista Controls Pty Ltd